This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Cygwin 1.7.32-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:27:38 +0200
- Subject: Updated: Cygwin 1.7.32-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.32-1.
This release comes with a few bug fixes in header files and a slightly
improved /proc/cpuinfo output, but otherwise it concentrates on a new
feature which isn't readily user visible. The new feature requires a
new GCC which will be released by Jon_Y shorty.
This combination, cygwin 1.7.32 / gcc 4.8.3-3, also allows to handle
C++11 thread local objects for the first time.
- Export __cxa_atexit and __cxa_finalize to allow C++ standards-compliant
destructor handling in libstdc++ and g++ compiled code.
Please note that, in order to benefit from this new feature, C++ code
must be recompiled with the upcoming gcc 4.8.3-3 release which will
enable the -fuse-cxa-atexit flag by default, and that C++ applications
using this feature will not run on older Cygwin releases.
- Support more recent CPU flags in /proc/cpuinfo.
- Decorate attribute names with __, for namespace safety in various header
- Fix sys/file.h for using in C++ code.
To install 32-bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
The 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't yet come with as many packages
as the 32 bit version, but more packages will be available over time.
If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so. If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com