This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: Git v2.4.5-3
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 20:24:02 +0100
- Subject: Updated: Git v2.4.5-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Version 2.4.5-3 of Git has been uploaded and should be coming soon to a
mirror near you. This update includes the following packages:
This update incorporates two build changes:
- Returning subversion-perl to the list of dependencies for git-svn,
where it had erroneously been absent in v2.4.5-2.
- Enabling the OBJECT_CREATION_USES_RENAMES build option. This option
is automatically enabled upstream on Windows and MingGW builds, and
is expected to resolve the various problems seen with using Git on a
shared drive, as reported (amongst others) at
Once the new builds have been out a little while and appear to be
stable, I will look at taking further upstream Git releases.