This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.2.1-0.1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 13:40:13 +0200
- Subject: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.2.1-0.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I released a new TEST version of Cygwin. The version number is 2.2.1-0.1.
This test release needs some good old-fashioned testing. 2.2.1 will be
a bugfix release only:
- Revert the following patch from 2.2.0:
When started from a non-Cygwin process, check if $HOME starts with a
slash (absolute POSIX path). Otherwise ignore it.
- Fix output of /proc/cpuinfo in terms of cpu topology and cache size for
modern CPUs and modern Windows OSes supporting more than 64 logical CPUs.
- Don't try to perform RFC2307 owner/group mapping on Samba/NFS if account
info is only fetched from local passwd/group files.
- Precautionally fix a potential data corruption problem in pipe I/O, only
actually observered in Wine yet. However, MSDN language indicates this
might be a problem on real Windows as well.
Addresses: Freenode IRC #cygwin discussion, ML entry follows.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com