This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:34:07 -0600
- Subject: libarchive 3.2.2-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
Libarchive is a programming library that can create and read several
different streaming archive formats, including most popular tar variants,
several cpio formats, and both BSD and GNU ar variants. It can also write
shar archives and read ISO9660 CDROM images and ZIP archives. The bsdtar
program is an implementation of tar(1) that is built on top of libarchive.
It started as a test harness, but has grown into a feature-competitive
replacement for GNU tar.
This is an update to the latest upstream release, which adds LZ4 support.