This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 11:13:34 -0600
- Subject: vim 8.0.0094-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
Vim (Vi IMproved) is an almost compatible version of the UNIX editor vi.
Almost every possible command can be performed using only ASCII characters.
Many new features have been added: multilevel undo, command line history,
file name completion, block operations, and editing of binary data.
This is an update to the latest major release:
gvim has been switched to GTK+ 3, and its XDG desktop menu entry is now
named "GVim". The command-line vim also has a menu entry as "Vim", which
causes it to be run within a terminal (this requires today's xwin-xdg-menu