This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 10:19:22 +0100
- Subject: Updated: octave-4.2.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
New versions 4.2.0-1 of
are available in the Cygwin distribution:
First upstream 4.2 release
GENERAL 4.x NOTE
there are 2 octave main binaries
octave-cli command line inteface
octave-gui graphical interface
octave default to graphical version
You need to install with setup the specific forge package
you are looking for.
The update of the global pkg database is now managed
by cygwin setup during the postinstall phase.
A semaphore system is in place to update the database only when needed
and just one time, also when multiple forge packages are added or removed.
The GNU Octave language for numerical computations is a (mostly Matlab (R)
compatible) high-level language, primarily intended for numerical
computations. It provides a convenient command-line interface for solving
linear and nonlinear problems numerically.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the
cygwin mailing list at: cygwin (at) cygwin (dot) com .