This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:04:50 +0100
- Subject: Updated: postgresql-9.6.2-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Version 9.6.2-1 of packages
are available in the Cygwin distribution:
This is the latest upstream version, upstream info on
Migration to Version 9.6.x
For upgrade from previous 9.6.x see :
A dump/restore is required for those running 9.5.X.
ADVISE for major version UPGRADE
Major releases usually change the internal format of system tables
and data files. These changes are often complex, so we do not maintain
backward compatibility of all stored data. A dump/reload of the
database or use of the pg_upgrade module is required for major upgrades.
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system.
It has a proven architecture that has earned it a strong reputation for
reliability, data integrity, and correctness.
It is fully ACID compliant, has full support for foreign keys, joins, views,
triggers, and stored procedures (in multiple languages).
It includes most SQL:2008 data types
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the
cygwin mailing list at: cygwin (at) cygwin (dot) com .