This is the mail archive of the cygwin-announce mailing list for the Cygwin project.

TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.8.0-0.3

Hi folks,

I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.8.0-0.3

This version just fixes the output of stray debugging statements
I left in the code accidentally.  Otherwise it's the same as 2.8.0-0.2

I'm planning for a release next week.  I'm still trying to find the
cause for a bug, but either way, I'll release next week.  Please test.

What's new:
-----------

- New API: timingsafe_bcmp, timingsafe_memcmp

- New API: dladdr

What changed:
-------------

- cygcheck and strace now always generate output with Unix LF line endings,
  rather than with DOS/Windows CR LF line endings.

- fork now preserves the load order of unrelated dlopen'd modules.

- pthread_cond_wait now acts like Linux and BSD: Resume waiting for the
  condition variable as if it was not interrupted, rather than returning 0.

Bug Fixes
---------

- Fix a few problems which are the combined culprit of fork failing
  when called recursively from a pthread.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-03/msg00113.html

- Fix potential buffer overflow in getrandom.

- Fix write(2) return value for writes > 2 GB.

- Workaround Windows NUL having the same problem for writes > 4 GB.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-03/msg00144.html

- Fix a potential crash in duplocale.
  Addresses: https://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2017/msg00166.html

- Fix dlopen/dlclose reference counting to make sure FreeLibrary isn't
  called too early in forked process.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-03/msg00220.html

Thanks,
Corinna