This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 13:20:14 -0400
- Subject: test: icu-59.1-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
ICU is a mature, widely used set of C/C++ and Java libraries providing
Unicode and Globalization support for software applications. ICU is
widely portable and gives applications the same results on all
platforms and between C/C++ and Java software.
This is an update to the latest upstream release. There are major
changes in this release that will make ICU easier to use but require
changes in projects using ICU. In particular, ICU now requires C++11,
so packages using ICU may need to add -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 to
for further details.
I'm making this a test release to give other maintainers time to
adapt to the changes. If no problems are reported within a few weeks,
I'll promote it to current.
Cygwin's ICU maintainer