This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 08:44:40 -0400
- Subject: mailutils 3.2-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
GNU Mailutils is a rich and powerful protocol-independent mail
framework. It contains a series of useful mail libraries, clients,
and servers. These are the primary mail utilities for the GNU system.
The central library is capable of handling electronic mail in various
mailbox formats and protocols, both local and remote. Specifically,
this project contains a POP3 server, an IMAP4 server, and a Sieve mail
filter. It also provides a POSIX mailx client, and a collection of
other handy tools.
This release fixes build errors that could cause some of the programs
to fail. All but 4 of the 1200 tests in the test suite now pass.
These packages contain two things of possible use to Emacs users:
1. The mailutils package provides a utility /usr/bin/movemail.exe that
Emacs's Rmail library uses. If mailutils is not installed then
Emacs will instead use its own version of this utility (installed
under /usr/libexec/emacs), which has fewer features and is less
2. The mailutils-mh package can be used by Emacs's MH-E library. If
you want to use this, put the line
in your site-start.el or ~/.emacs file.
Cygwin's Mailutils maintainer