This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 13:54:46 -0500
- Subject: crypt 2.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx06.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=cygwin.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx06.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=none smtp.mailfrom=yselkowitz at cygwin dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 988F2285B5
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 988F2285B5
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
This packages provides a library which exports the functions crypt(3),
crypt_r(3), encrypt(3), and setkey(3). The created passwords are 100%
identical to those created by the Linux crypt(3).
This release is a completely new implementation based on musl's. It adds
the reentrant crypt_r function, as well as support for MD5, Blowfish,
SHA-256, and SHA-512 ciphers as on other systems:
The crypt.exe binary was removed as it was non-standard and intended for
use on Windows 9x systems.