This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 08:20:29 -0400
- Subject: texinfo 6.5-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
Texinfo is a documentation system that uses a single source file to
produce output in a number of formats, both online and printed (dvi,
html, info, pdf, xml, etc.).
This is an update to the latest upstream release. It is primarily a
bugfix release. See the announcement at
for more details.
The info package contains the standalone info viewer as well as the
install-info program. The texinfo package contains everything else
except support for the printable output formats (such as pdf). The
texinfo-tex package supplies the latter. In particular,
/usr/bin/makeinfo is in the texinfo package, but the command 'makeinfo
--pdf' won't work unless you install texinfo-tex.
Cygwin's texinfo maintainer