This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Cc: erik dot m dot bray at gmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 14:20:26 +0100
- Subject: Updated: openblas-0.2.20-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
New releases of
libopenblas (dinamic library)
are available in the Cygwin distribution :
Improved versus fork issues as proposed by Erik Bray
Last upstream release
OpenBLAS is an optimized BLAS library based on
GotoBLAS2 1.13 BSD version and further extended.
OpenBLAS is licensed under the 3-clause BSD license.
1) As BLAS it is around 5-10 times faster than Netlib reference,
included in the liblapack0 package.
2) No devel package is provided as liblapack-devel already provide
the needed headers and import.
Openblas is fully compatible with Netlib BLAS.
3) libopenblas consist of a single file
that will precede in PATH the liblapack0
and used instead. Removing libopenblas will restore the
usage of Netlib BLAS
4) CPU architecture covered up to now
ATOM BARCELONA BOBCAT BULLDOZER CORE2 DUNNINGTON EXCAVATOR
HASWELL NANO NEHALEM OPTERON OPTERON_SSE3 PENRYN PILEDRIVER
PRESCOTT SANDYBRIDGE STEAMROLLER ZEN
ATHLON ATOM BANIAS BARCELONA BOBCAT COPPERMINE CORE2
DUNNINGTON KATMAI NANO NEHALEM NORTHWOOD OPTERON
OPTERON_SSE3 PENRYN PRESCOTT
5) Built with a max number of 16 threads; it should be enough
to fully utilize up a 8 core dual thread.
The fixed max limit at build time is a upstream limitation,
if you need more than 16 let me know.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the
cygwin mailing list at: cygwin (at) cygwin (dot) com .