This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: setup (2.888)
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 12:41:37 +0000
- Subject: Updated: setup (2.888)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
A new version of Setup, release 2.888, has been uploaded to
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe (32 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
Changes compared to 2.884:
User visible changes:
- In the package chooser, 'Current' is replaced by 'Best' (to more
accurately summarize what it does)
- Add 'Sync' as a choice, (which sets all packages to the version
available from the package repository, downgrading if necessary,
equivalent to the existing --force-current command line option).
- These are modified by a 'Test' check-box, which allows test packages
to be used.
- The "prereq" page showing dependencies which will be added is replaced
by "problems" page showing problems found by the dependency solver, with
- A "confirm" page is added showing all the changes which will be made.
- Uses the libsolv dependency solver, rather than a home-made one.
- Add support for 'depends2: package (relation version) [...]', in a
version section in setup.ini
- Add support for 'obsoletes:' in setup.ini, likewise
- Add support for 'replace-versions:' in a package section setup.ini, to
indicate problematic versions.
- Query the user for action to take if a corrupt local file is found
- Validate package hash after download
- Any MessageBox shown during setup.ini parsing is now modal
A big 'thank you' to Ken Brown for all his work on this.
Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list cygwin AT
cygwin DOT com.