This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 02:43:19 -0600
- Subject: cygport 0.31.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
cygport is the standard method for building and maintaining packages for
the Cygwin distribution.
This release includes some new features:
* CMake-based builds use Ninja instead of Unix Makefiles to compile if the
default src_compile() functions are used. Otherwise, Unix Makefiles will
still be used to avoid breaking API; however, if you use the default
src_compile() but a custom src_install(), then you will have to change
your .cygport file. The value of CYGCMAKE_GENERATOR overrides the default.
* Cross-compiling with Meson uses the system cross files; this requires
the latest Meson 0.44.1.
* Compiler flags for enabling Stack Smashing Protection and Object Size
Checking guards have been added to the default CFLAGS/etc., except when
cross-compiling to MinGW. This requires Cygwin 2.10.
* The LLVM tools will be used, if present, for stripping binaries and
detecting DLL dependencies, as they tend to be faster than Binutils.
Jon Turney (1):
Produce obsoletes: headers in .hint files
Yaakov Selkowitz (15):
prepstrip: use LLVM toolchain where available
Add Message-Id to announcements
cmake: support and use Ninja generator
kde4: use Ninja cmake generator by default
kf5: use Ninja cmake generator by default
qt4-cmake: use Ninja cmake generator by default
meson: fix installation of i686-w64-mingw32 specs
Add security flags to CFLAGS
cross: remove SSP flags from CFLAGS for MinGW
meson: use system cross files
kf5: separate kf5_cmake command, redefine kf5_compile
kde4: update kde-l10n pruning for Apps 17.12 deprecation
list_deps: use LLVM tools if present
Bump version to 0.31.0