This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: RFD: Include an easy editor in the cygwin-standard-distribution
- To: cygwin-apps at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: RFD: Include an easy editor in the cygwin-standard-distribution
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:32:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- Chris Faylor <email@example.com> wrote:
> Maybe we need an easy to use editor for the non-UNIX people and a standard
> vi and emacs offering for the people who are UNIX-aware.
I agree, and I agree that ee could fill that need. Take a look at the ee.1.txt
file at the given URL in this thread.
> Or, maybe we need to incorporate one of the IDEs for the "Windows C compiler"
The one that comes to mind is Dr. Bruce Wampler's VIDE. It's GPL'ed I believe
and he maintains it.
Earnie Boyd: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
__Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: <http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>
__Minimalist GNU for Windows__
Mingw32 List: <http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/>
Mingw Home: <http://www.mingw.org/>
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!