This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFD]: Where to put the important README files?
- To: cygwin-apps at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: [RFD]: Where to put the important README files?
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:43:05 -0400
- References: <200006071636.JAA09647@cygnus.com>
On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 11:32:44AM -0500, Parker, Ron wrote:
>I was hoping for an orthogonal location that would be *just* for Cygwin
>specific files. This would allow us to install all of the "standard"
>documentation and have our own post-install README's in a discrete location.
>as a base directory for our documentation. Then later we could add:
>Anyway, just pick a subdirectory for the crucial postinstallation files.
>Perhaps PostInstall or README-1st since README-1st carries a little more
>urgency in the users mind than the ever-ignored README.
>Well that's my 2 cents/pfennigs/centimes/forints/centavos/etc. worth.
This idea gets my vote.