This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [RFD]: Where to put the important README files?
- To: cygwin-apps at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: RE: [RFD]: Where to put the important README files?
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 20:49:42 +0100
- References: <200006071636.RAA19978@alpha1.ebi.ac.uk>
On Wednesday 7 Jun 00, Parker, Ron writes:
> I was hoping for an orthogonal location that would be *just* for Cygwin
> specific files. This would allow us to install all of the "standard"
> documentation and have our own post-install README's in a discrete location.
> Something like:
> * /usr/doc/Cygwin
> as a base directory for our documentation. Then later we could add:
> * /usr/doc/Cygwin/FAQ/*
I like this better than putting faq.info (and readme.info, for that
matter) in /usr/info.