Re: vim-5.7-2 (Bugfix-version) available for testing

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:00:49 -0400, you wrote:
>>Procedure entry point __cygwin_user_data not found in dll cygwin1.dll
>>
>>To make sure, I freshly installed cygwin from latest. Result is the
>>same.
>
>You need to rebuild your application with the latest version of
>libcygwin.a.  I just downloaded the libcygwin.a from the most recent
>snapshot.  The only occurrence of the string __cygwin_user_data is in
>the stub library export part.
>
>If you're seeing this error you must not have replaced our libcygwin.a
>with the most latest version.
>
>cgf

Here's what I have done in the last hour(s):

downloaded latest & erased my cvs dir & resynced

rebuild cygwin1.dll (on NT) from an empty directory with

../src/configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/

after that i renamed i686-pc-cygwin to /usr, moved /bin/libiberty.a to
/usr/bin

then i did

grep "__cygwin_user_data" * | grep -v ":0"

in /usr/bin and /usr/lib

it found the text 5 times, 3 times in cygwin1.dll, 2 times in
libcygwin.a

After that I downloaded the latest snapshot from the snapshots
directory.

My test gave me 2 hits in libcygwin.a and 1 hit in cygwin1.dll

After having installed the snapshot I recompiled cvs. Still 3:2!

*****
Having different results does not make me feel happy.
Am I too stupid to rebuild snapshots or is there a bug inside of the
cygwin-makefiles ???
*****

After installing the snapshot from cygwin I rebuild vim.

This version now also runs in the old version of cygwin.

I will prepare the new package and put it in LATEST.

What a day!

Thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time, Chis!

Michael