This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
updated version of patch available for test!
- To: "cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: updated version of patch available for test!
- From: "Michael Ring" <Michael dot Ring at t-mobil dot de> (Tel +49 228/936-2621)
- Date: 22 Aug 2000 09:56:46 +0000
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Discarded-X400-MTS-Extensions: (43) (12) (2) (135) (115) (5) (6) (3)
- Original-Encoded-Information-Types: (1) (0) (10021) (7) (1) (0) (6), (1) (0) (10021) (7) (1) (0) (1)
- X400-Content-Identifier: E3557IPM2K7HT
- X400-Content-Type: P2-1988 (22)
- X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=DTM/ADMD=DBP/C=DE/;4A5CB06011D4782300AADB9A]
- X400-Originator: Michael.Ring@t-mobil.de
- X400-Received: by mta MB400-dxcast in /PRMD=DTM/ADMD=DBP/C=DE/;Relayed ; 22 Aug 2000 09:56:49 +0000
- X400-Received: by mta MB400-DXCW06 in /PRMD=DTM/ADMD=DBP/C=DE/;Relayed ; 22 Aug 2000 09:56:46 +0000
- X400-Recipients: firstname.lastname@example.org (Physical Forwarding Address Requested)
patch is a GNU package to apply diff-style patches to sourcecode
This is a replacement package for patch based on 1.1.4 version of the cygwin
This package was provided as a support-tool for the rpm-package that was also
full support for the standard cygwin-packaging scheme will be added in the next
release, right now /usr/doc/<package>-<version> documentation is supported in
the binary tar.gz, support for the /usr/doc/cygwin directory cygwin-specific
documentation) will be added soon
The package is now available for testing at
Building requires gcc-2.95.2-2 and binutils-20000722-1 or later.
o The original patch on cygwin/latest has one problem: It uses the env-values
for TMP TEMP and TMPDIR to determine the temp-directory. If you work with a
default installation and use binary mounts the path to TMP or TEMP is very
likely to point to a directory that is accessed in textmode. The result of this
is that patch takes a file without cr/lf, patches it, then saves it to $TEMP. As
TEMP is a textmount cr-lf get added. When patch is done it moves the patched
file back and now you have cr/lf endings on a binary mount. This makes gcc go
crazy if lines are continued with a \<cr> at the end.
o cygwin-specific doc /usr/doc/Cygwin/automake-1.4-1.README missing at this
point (will soon be there)
o generic docs in /usr/doc/patch-2.5.4/*
o source archive distributed as original source and patch-file; standard src-tar
file will follow
o cygwin-specific README and PATCH are soon stored in the source archive, under
<top>/CYGWIN-PATCHES/* (although the patch has already been applied to the
Maintainer not known to me, if nobody volunteers I will maintain the package
When tested this package should go to the latest directory
Comments and test reports welcome!