This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
db-3.1.17-1 ready for test!
- To: "cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: db-3.1.17-1 ready for test!
- From: "Michael Ring" <Michael dot Ring at t-mobil dot de> (Tel +49 228/936-2621)
- Date: 22 Aug 2000 10:56:57 +0000
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Discarded-X400-MTS-Extensions: (43) (12) (2) (135) (115) (5) (6) (3)
- Original-Encoded-Information-Types: (1) (0) (10021) (7) (1) (0) (6), (1) (0) (10021) (7) (1) (0) (1)
- X400-Content-Identifier: E3565IPM2RXZI
- X400-Content-Type: P2-1988 (22)
- X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=DTM/ADMD=DBP/C=DE/;B24B497C11D4782B00AA63A0]
- X400-Originator: Michael.Ring@t-mobil.de
- X400-Received: by mta MB400-dxcasu in /PRMD=DTM/ADMD=DBP/C=DE/;Relayed ; 22 Aug 2000 10:56:57 +0000
- X400-Received: by mta MB400-DXCW02 in /PRMD=DTM/ADMD=DBP/C=DE/;Relayed ; 22 Aug 2000 10:56:57 +0000
- X400-Recipients: firstname.lastname@example.org (Physical Forwarding Address Requested)
db-3.1.17 is the SleepyCat's database engine
This is the initial port of db based on 1.1.4 version of the cygwin dll.
This package was provided as a support-tool for the rpm-package that was also
full support for the standard cygwin-packaging scheme will be added in the next
release, right now /usr/doc/<package>-<version> documentation is supported in
the binary tar.gz, support for the /usr/doc/cygwin directory cygwin-specific
documentation) will be added soon
The package is now available for testing at
Building requires gcc-2.95.2-2 and binutils-20000722-1 or later. A fix for
libcygwin.a is also needed!
Please refer to http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-08/msg00256.html
o dll and -a version of libdb
o cygwin-specific doc /usr/doc/Cygwin/db-3.1.17.README missing at this point
(will soon be there)
o generic docs in /usr/doc/db-3.1.17/*
o source archive distributed as original source and patch-file; standard src-tar
file will follow
o cygwin-specific README and PATCH are soon stored in the source archive, under
<top>/CYGWIN-PATCHES/* (although the patch has already been applied to the
I will maintain the package
When tested this package should go to the contrib directory
2.000.0000+ thanks go directly to Charles Wilson who has created the dll version
Without his work on dll'izing apps this all would never have happened!
Comments and test reports welcome!