This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: texinfo-4.0 available for test!
- To: "Michael Ring (Tel +49 228/936-2621)" <Michael dot Ring at t-mobil dot de>
- Subject: Re: texinfo-4.0 available for test!
- From: "Charles S. Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:25:59 -0400
- CC: "cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <E3594IPM3IJ4C*@MHS>
"Michael Ring (Tel +49 228/936-2621)" wrote:
> texinfo-4.0-2 is a library for commandline-management
This happens to me, too, when I announce a bunch of things all at once.
texinfo-4.0-2 is a tool for handling, creating, maintaining, and reading
info files. The format of info source files is very similar to TeX --
thus, texinfo. Texinfo is the standard documentation format for GNU
tools, although many tools also provide the older 'manpages'.