This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: db-3.1.17-1 ready for test!
- To: "Michael Ring (Tel +49 228/936-2621)" <Michael dot Ring at t-mobil dot de>
- Subject: Re: db-3.1.17-1 ready for test!
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:43:10 -0400
- CC: "cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <E3565IPM2RXZI*@MHS>
1) The /usr/doc directory is created mode 700 by your make install, so
the tarball's usr/doc directory is not readable/usable by other than
Administrator. This should be fixed in dist/Makefile.in
2) libdb.dll and libdb_cxx.dll should be installed stripped. IMO. And in
cgf's opinion, stated earlier on cygwin-apps.
3) I get a popup stating "...failed to initialize properly
(0x000000022)" whenever I try to run the binaries (/usr/bin/db-load.exe,
etc). However, these executables, according to cygcheck, are NOT
dynamically linked to libdb.dll -- but the 0x00000022 error is typically
associated with missing dll's right? Michael, can you successfully run
these executables on your machine?
FWIW, when I built using my version of the patch we've been passing
back-n-forth, the executables were dynamically linked and did run
properly. What changed?