This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl-5.6.0 ready for test! (IMPORTANT READ THIS MESSAGE ON MAINTAINER STATUS!)
- To: "cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: perl-5.6.0 ready for test! (IMPORTANT READ THIS MESSAGE ON MAINTAINER STATUS!)
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:44:10 -0400
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com
On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 05:08:10AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Michael Ring <Michael.Ring@t-mobil.de> wrote:
>> perl-5.6.0 is perl period ;-)
>> PACKAGING STATUS:
>> When tested this package should go nowhere (or perhaps contrib) version 5.6.1
>> should go to contrib
>IMHO, automake, autoconf, libtool and perl should be a part of the base package
>and therefore should go to the latest directory and not to the contrib
>directory. Perl is required by the other three and automake, autoconf and
>libtool [are|have] becom[ing|e] a de facto standard.
I sort of agree but I wonder if we're starting to fill up the hard disks of people
who have no interest in doing development.
We're also growing the "support load" on cygwin@sourceware whenever we add a new