This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Re: texinfo-4.0-3 (was RE: texinfo-4.0-2)
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: texinfo-4.0-3 (was RE: texinfo-4.0-2)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:39:13 -0500
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 08:48:21AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Christopher Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> >Oops! It is still not entirely correct as in a CMD box with INFOPATH
>> >set to c:/emacs/info;c:/cygwin/usr/info;c:/usr/local/info, it skips the
>> >first directory and processes the remaining two in reverse order.
>> Don't use semicolons.
>Well, that is a workaround. IMO, info needs to determine it is being started
>from a "CMD box" and convert INFOPATH into POSIX format or use ';' as a
I don't see why. This is supposed to be a UNIX port. INFOPATH has no
meaning to anything in Windows so there is no reason to use a Windows
convention when processing the environment variable.