Re: Has sys/stat.h changed

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> [Moved to cygwin-apps from cygwin-developers]
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 05:03:55PM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >Brian Keener wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, I rolled everything back to what I think I had before my mass set
> >> of updates and my cinstall now compiles again and actually reports the
> >> sizes correctly.
> >>
> >> Now all I have to do is figure out which update is was that broke it.
> >>
> >> Can some one point me in a general direction of what packages might be
> >> involved in the configure and making process of cinstall and the which
> >> package is responsible for the sys/stat.h header file so that I can
> >> minimize my search and bring the rest of the packages up to date again
> >> without worrying about having to watch all the packages.
> >
> >Corinna has just patched download.cc to avoid the problem.  The real
> >problem is that __MSVCRT__ needs to be defined in -mno-cygwin is used.
> >This would fix the problem.
> >
> >I know that I had this in my patch to Chris.  He must have missed it
> >when he created the distribution.
>
> I'm not sure how I did this since your changes are currently in my sources.
> I did miss it though.  Sorry.
>
> I have a new distribution ready to go.  I was waiting to see if I got everything
> right but testing it on some internal guinea pigs.
>
> Unfortunately, they don't use cygwin the way the rest of the net does.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1) Was the defaulting to -mno-win32 a noble but doomed experiment?

Noble, yes.  Doomed, no.  I don't think enough have used it since the
default download is 2.95.2-6.

> 2) If we want to stick with -mno-win32 as the default, should gcc
>    include /usr/include/w32api by default?  I really don't think that
>    it should but I don't look forward to submitting changes to
>    the stuff in sources.redhat.com that breaks as a result.

Debatable but I'm inclined to leave it out.  If you need it then you
also need -mwin32.

> 3) Does anyone run this release of gcc as a cross compiler?  Corinna
>    isn't able to do this but I'm not having any problems building it.

I don't run any release as a cross compiler.  What's Corinna's problem?

> 4) Is anyone going to checkin a libstdc++.a into winsup/mingw so that I
>    can add this to the distribution?

I'm not ready for a new release of these.  Please leave the existing
distribution.

> If we can clarify the above points, I'll make a gcc-2.95.2-8 release.

Hope I have,

> cgf

Earnie.