This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Interesting project -- getting gjc working on Cygwin
- To: "Mumit Khan" <khan at NanoTech dot Wisc dot EDU>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: Interesting project -- getting gjc working on Cygwin
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:26:35 +1100
- References: <Pine.HPP.3.96.1010317181356.14823Bemail@example.com>
What's currently missing in threading?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mumit Khan" <khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: Interesting project -- getting gjc working on Cygwin
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Anyone interested in tackling the project of getting the gcj
> > fully supported under Cygwin? I don't know what this would entail,
> > exactly.
> > Maybe Mumit knows? Mumit?
> The compiler should, at least in theory, work just fine under Cygwin,
> the problem is the runtime. It's hard to port libgcj to Cygwin
> is just one issue), and I don't know what the current status is. Jon
> Beniston <firstname.lastname@example.org> was working on it, and at
> point had a non-threaded version ported to Cygwin , but his last
> URL http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~jb7216/libgcj/ seems to gone now.
> I don't do Java, and not familiar with the gory details on what needs
> be done.
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/1999-q3/msg00240.html