This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Mingw-users] HOWTO setup cygwin's 'gcc -mno-cygwin' using mingw libs/headers
- To: "Charles S. Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] HOWTO setup cygwin's 'gcc -mno-cygwin' using mingw libs/headers
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:48:53 -0500
- CC: Earnie Boyd <mingw-users at lists dot sourceforge dot net>, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, Kees Zeelenberg <c dot zeelenberg at hccnet dot nl>, Paul Sokolovsky <paul-ml at is dot lg dot ua>, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki dot fi>
- References: <email@example.com.HOWL> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <000701c0af88$54b169a0$2d2dfb3e@beta> <3AB4D767.FD0BC764@yahoo.com> <3AB4DBCC.ED1CD2E1@ece.gatech.edu>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, Earnie Boyd <mingw-users at lists dot sourceforge dot net>
"Charles S. Wilson" wrote:
> Earnie Boyd wrote:
> > If any library that is downloaded from the Cygwin official site also has
> > MinGW libraries then those libraries should go into /usr/lib/mingw/.
> I don't think this will happen -- Chris seems opposed to increasing the
> size of "standard cygwin" packages by including mingw libs/binaries that
> most cygwin users won't use. (And the truth is, I don't particularly
> WANT to do extra work packing up my cygwin ports of various libs... :-)
> > Libraries not on the official site that also include MinGW libraries
> > should go into the /usr/local/lib/mingw/ directory. GCC-2.95.2-9 has
> > been renovated to fit this model.
> How has -9 been renovated? Does it include /usr/local/lib/mingw as a
> system directory when -mno-cygwin?
> Next, what about dll's -- should
> they go into /usr/local/bin/mingw or just /usr/local/bin (for $PATH
> reasons; also, recall that cygwin dll's are prefixed by 'cyg' and mingw
> libs are not.)?
I'd prefer /mingw/bin since it ain't Cygwin and it ain't going to
understand Cygwin paths.
> Finally, includes -- /usr/local/include/mingw?
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com