This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Making RXVT The Standard Terminal
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Making RXVT The Standard Terminal
- From: "Dan Kaminsky" <dankamin at cisco dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:36:07 -0800
I've downloaded the latest build of RXVT, and it just took a quantum
leap in usability. With the new noconsole build, I have a shortcut in my
start bar pointing to:
D:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -rv -sl 20000 -fn courier -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i
Loads *fast*--at least a few times faster than the old batfile hack.
It's ridiculously beautiful.
1) rxvt doesn't have mouse support yet
2) TERM=cygwin vs. TERM=xterm-color
3) If you load cmd.exe through it, doskey doesn't work and *nothing*
executes inline. I'd like the ability to specify what should and shouldn't
pop up a new window.
I'd *really* like to see RXVT become part of the standard distribution
now. Is there anything I can do to help this happen?
Dan Kaminsky, CISSP
Cisco Systems, Inc.
P.S. The first thing everyone seems to do when installing cygwin is create
drive mounts in the root directory in binary mode, i.e.
mount -b c: /c
mount -b d: /d
Could this be made a default state, or at least something in the
installer? People should know that symlinks work too.