This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: gcj && libjava for cygwin
- To: "'tromey at redhat dot com'" <tromey at redhat dot com>, Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Subject: RE: gcj && libjava for cygwin
- From: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:14:48 -0000
- Cc: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>, "'Robert Collins'" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>, java at gcc dot gnu dot org, cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com
Ok. I did a little more on this.
* Switched from gcc 3.0 branch to trunk, and _Jv_Sjlj_Throw error "went
* Axed all reference to JNI_OnLoad from FirstThread, so that error went.
Now when linking jv-convert.exe I get
definition of `java::lang::Class::Class()'
./.libs/libgcj.a(Class.o)(.text+0x3a0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [jv-convert] Error 1
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tom Tromey [SMTP:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Thursday, 19 April 2001 14:27
> To: Jeff Sturm
> Cc: Anthony Green; Billinghurst, David (CRTS); 'Robert Collins';
> email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: gcj && libjava for cygwin
> >>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Sturm <email@example.com> writes:
> Jeff> To get libgcj in sync, configure with --enable-sjlj-exceptions.
> Jeff> That could be done in configure.host (however I thought
> Jeff> _Jv_Sjlj_Throw was going away due to rth's work on EH
> Jeff> personalities... are you working on the branch, or mainline?)
> I'm told that the EH code is going to go in to the branch. So fixing
> configure.host probably is a waste of time. I assume this EH change
> means that Cygwin will suddenly start using the new EH code. OTOH, if
> Cygwin still needs sjlj (and I don't know if they are even going to
> exist in the compiler after the EH merge) then fixing configure.host
> is fine.