This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Anyone tested new .bz2 changes to setup.exe?
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Anyone tested new .bz2 changes to setup.exe?
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:13:44 -0400
- CC: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- References: <20010424150541.A9210@redhat.com>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Has anyone had a chance to test the newest version of setup? It
> would be nice to convert the files on cygwin.com to .bz2 format.
Yes. Works fine. I took my build of setup.exe (from Sunday's CVS), ran
it once to "download to local directory" the updated bash-2.05 tar.gz.
Then, I gunzip'ed and bzip2'ed it. Finally, I ran the setup.exe again
to "install from local directory" and it worked fine on the .tar.bz2
file. BTW, this setup.exe reports "version 2.45" if that helps.