This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rshd uses pipes to communicate with shell
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: rshd uses pipes to communicate with shell
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:08:20 +0200
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 11:35:34PM +0400, egor duda wrote:
> is there some special reason for using pipes in rshd? this breaks
> programs that rely on getpeername() for additional security check when
> they're called from rshd.
It's the base implementation. I didn't change anything except for
getting it working. Feel free to change it but be aware of that
annoying socketpair problem some users have. Just in case...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.