Re: gcc/ansi question

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Is there anything like a strict-ansi option?

Not that I could find (and isn't the idea of a strict-ansi option
against the MS "embrace and extend" policy?)

> Or, doesn't msvc define
> anything without an underscore?  I wonder if gcc is just wrong in defining
> WIN32 and WINNT.

A grep in the include directory of VC shows lots of hits for ALL of the
following:

_WINNT
WINNT
_WIN32
WIN32

So even MS is inconsistent. (Actually, that's not much of a surprise, is
it?)

--Chuck