This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Forcing SYSTEMROOT (opinions needed)
- To: "Parker, Ron" <rdparker at butlermfg dot com>
- Subject: Re: Forcing SYSTEMROOT (opinions needed)
- From: egor duda <deo at logos-m dot ru>
- Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:43:14 +0400
- CC: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Organization: deo
- References: <E94FF01DFF6CD31186F4080009DC361501F8C39D@nttwr2.tower.bldgs.butlermfg.org>
- Reply-To: egor duda <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Thursday, 03 May, 2001 Parker, Ron email@example.com wrote:
>> So we have to trade the possibility of someone wanting
>> complete control of
>> his environment versus the possibility of someone not
>> specifying SYSTEMROOT
>> but needing it for the program that is about to be run.
>> Should I flip a coin?
PR> Since the Winsock dll is dynamically loaded via LoadLibrary, would it be
PR> possible to fill out SYSTEMROOT just prior to the load?
it's true only if started application is a cygwin one. but we may want
to start non-cygwin apps via execle() or spawnle()
Egor. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19