This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
CGI scripts on Apache-1.3.20 and Win98
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: CGI scripts on Apache-1.3.20 and Win98
- From: Craig Hyatt <chyatt at uoguelph dot ca>
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 19:51:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-To: Craig Hyatt <chyatt at uoguelph dot ca>
I had difficulty getting CGI scripts in both C and Python to complete
execution on my Win98 box with Apache-1.3.20. (The new version that is
supposed to build out of the box.)
Apache would serve up web pages properly but any CGI scripts always seemed
to time out before completion. I encountered this problem using the port
of Apache-1.3.9 as well, and upgrading to 1.3.20 didn't fix it.
After LOTS of searching I found the post by Edgar Ruiz Rojas:
Which contains diffs for Apache's:
These code changes seem to fix the problem.
I apologize for posting redundant information but I am attempting to
serve two purposes in doing so:
1. To emphasize that the problem still exists.
2. To (hopefully) make it easier to find the solution in this archive.