dpkg for cygwin (was Re: setup wishes -- any volunteers)

BTW,

We have been shipping dpkg for a few years across multiple operating systems
(AIX, Solaris, HPUX, Windows) as it as the package manager for Agilent ADS
(http://www.agilent.com/eesof-eda).  We ported dpkg to cygwin and folded our
changes to the main dpkg cvs repository.

It has worked quite well and has been well received by our customers.  We
haven't ported apt yet.  We are now testing it under the latest cygwin and
are running into problems from execpl call.

Jose