Ghostscript 6.51 release (was Re: Package maintainer release procedures)

    response to Chris Faylor:

    Chuck> I've already uploaded them to sourceware -- they're in
    Chuck> ~cwilson.  I checked them out -- they look okay to me.  I
    Chuck> converted them from .gz to .bz2 to save ~1.2M on download,
    Chuck> and I also noticed that the gs.exe binary was not stripped.

    Chuck> However, when I unpacked and stripped the gs.exe, it didn't
    Chuck> really shrink the binary size enough to justify "re-owning"
    Chuck> all the files in the tarballs as "cwilson" vs. "alcocer".
    Chuck> So, I didn't adjust that.

Yes, I noticed that the stripping didn't remove much symbolic info.
Evidently, some of the object files got compiled with -g (just
guessing, I guess I can look into it.)

--
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
alcocer@helixdigital.com -- http://www.helixdigital.com