This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mingw and w32api package names.
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Mingw and w32api package names.
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:35:49 -0400
- References: <3B9FD44B.3353.AE9D806@localhost>
- Reply-To: CA List <Cygwin-Apps at Cygwin dot Com>
"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:
> I wonder why it is neccessary to 'rename' a package.
> There will be two packages in future? Runtime and Devel?
For consistency. The package is distributed by MinGW.org as
mingw-runtime-$(VERSION). The new package will supersede the old one.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com