This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: announcement message for binutils?
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: announcement message for binutils?
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:28:20 -0400
- References: <20010914223450.A9857@redhat.com>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Ok, so what should I say in the binutils announcement message?
> Is this adequate?
> This version contains fixes to detect pathological conditions when
> ld's auto-import option option cannot work properly. The previous
> version of ld silently produced buggy code. This version issues an
> error and suggests methods for dealing with the problem.
> This version also has a fix for a memory leak condition which caused
> ld (or is it dlltool?) to mushroom in size when producing large dlls.
With corrections, seems fine to me.
Totally off topic: I noticed that somebody submitted strtoll and
strtoull patches to newlib, so cygwin-1.3.4's scanf should transparently
support long long. (This is just supposition; I haven't tested it).