This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Autotools; new versions
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Autotools; new versions
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:34:10 -0400
- References: <3BAA33FD.9C1B704C@ece.gatech.edu>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 02:22:53PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Since there are incompatibilities between
> autoconf-2.13 and autoconf-2.5x
> automake-1.4 and automake-1.5
>and most (cygwin-external) projects have been slow and/or resistant to
>migrate to the newer versions,
>and cgf doesn't want to "push the envelope" on autotools from cygwin
>(let other projects migrate FIRST, then we follow)
>and libtool/autoconf/automake must all share the same prefix (usr or
Robert suggested that debian has a wrapper that tries to infer which
version of autoconf to run.
Is this something worth considering?