Re: get windows error message 0xc0000142 on starting cygwin app

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 08:46:07PM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:

>> >But that would be code in the ntdll.dll or kernel32.dll ? But as I understand
>> >does this code uses the stack of the current process, that is for
>> example bash
>> >or ssp or gdb, isn't it ?
>>
>> If you don't think it's the stack pointer, you can verify the issue very
>> quickly.  Inspect it in gdb.
>>
>> (gdb) info reg $esp
>> (gdb) x/20x $esp
>>
>Can you tell me to which adress the stack is be set on starting a new app ?

Maybe.  Can you tell me the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?  :-)

Why are we moving on to another subject?  What was the result of the
above investigation?

You can find the answer to this question by writing an app and inspecting
its stack.  It is not at a fixed address but it probably usually shows
up in roughly the same place in most apps.  I'm not sure why that's
important.

cgf