This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: new 'temp' directory in CVS cinstall contains dependency WIP
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: new 'temp' directory in CVS cinstall contains dependency WIP
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:17:33 +0200
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: gp at familiehaase dot de
Robert Collins schrieb am 2001-09-23, 20:29:
>Where? I couldn't find a pointer for "update-setup" in the recent
>history for cygwin-apps or -developers. I'll work on the presumtion that
>it is the script that reads setup.hint and the files and creates
>setup.ini from that.
>>As I was setting up the category names I could hear the cygwin mailing
>>list voices asking "Why is gawk in the base category!!!??? I don't like
>>gawk! It sounds like someone is vomiting!" I'm wondering if our category
>>method will immediately prove that we really need something as
>>sophisticated as rpm or apt.
>Debian has gawk in base, because it's needed to operate some of the apt