Re: Autotools; new versions

Charles Wilson wrote:

> So here's my first attempt at a wrapper script.  (Of course, I'll also
> need to do wrappers for autoheader, autoreconf, autoscan, autoupdate,
> and ifnames -- and then repeat for the automake packages.)
>
> Assuming that autoconf-2.13 is installed into /usr/auto-stable/* and
> autoconf-2.52 is installed into /usr/auto-devel/* (as I have built them
> on my system) this works pretty well.
>
> What do you think?  Should I continue on this path?

I would prefer /usr/autoconf-2.13 and /usr/autoconf-2.52 for the
directory names.  Then when autoconf-2.53 is released I can test it
without losing autoconf-2.52.  Perhaps you could allow autoconfiguration
to set the paths? :)

> --Chuck

> #! /bin/bash
>
> path_stable=/usr/auto-stable
> path_devel=/usr/auto-devel

For the values of path_stable and path_devel it would be cool if you
checked for the presence of AUTOPATH_STABLE and AUTOPATH_DEVEL so that
the directories could be changed on the fly.  They could even be set in
the /etc/profile file for convenience.

Earnie.