This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Fwd: Re: cygwin-apps Digest 2 Nov 2001 18:46:34 -0000 Issue 223]
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: cygwin-apps Digest 2 Nov 2001 18:46:34 -0000 Issue 223]
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 20:55:43 -0500
- References: <1004832221.4741.2.camel@lifelesswks>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 11:03:40AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
Unless I'm missing something login isn't required by anything but
telnet and possibly rlogin. It should not be included by default.
Not sure about this, either. I think that many of these would be
required for programmers.
>> These are automatically downloaded to support the
>> above packages; they could be moved from "Base" to
>> "Libs" if not already there:
Most of these are not Libs.
The fact that something is downloaded due to a dependency doesn't
mean that it has to have a category change.