RE: /setup.html please read - feedback desired

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Collins [mailto:robert.collins@itdomain.com.au]

RC> I've no objection to *you* editing setup.ini. I've an objection to
new
RC> maintainers doing *anything* directly to setup.ini. And the doco we
are
RC> writing is for *new maintainers* - like Kevin.

That'd be me ;-)

And I would expect someone like me (who only helps out with one small
package, and really doesn't know very much about
GNU/gcc/Make/cygwin/etc) to stay *new* for a LONNNGGG time...

(It doesn't help that I tend to be a perfectionist, and can't help but
ask questions about nitpicky stuff.) I agree that it's much safer to
just be overly specific about a topic such as this, than to leave
something unclear and deal with some other new person's questions (or
mistakes) later.

Thanks!
--Kevin