This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe suggestion - link announcements to releases
- To: Christopher Faylor <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: setup.exe suggestion - link announcements to releases
- From: egor duda <deo at logos-m dot ru>
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:31:04 +0300
- Organization: deo
- References: <20011105122216.A3327@redhat.com>
- Reply-To: egor duda <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Monday, 05 November, 2001 Christopher Faylor email@example.com wrote:
CF> After reading Corinna's reply to a cygwin mailing list message, it
CF> occurred to me that if the releases that people see in setup.exe could
CF> somehow be linked to the announcements, we could cut down on the amount
CF> of email from people who don't check or don't know how to check on these
CF> It could be as simple as adding a "check release announcement" which
CF> just did starts a browser with a cygwin-announce search term.
wouldn't we better include important info about updating in the
package itself, or along with it?
not that i'm a big setup.exe fan, but reducing amount of noise in
mailing list is certainly a good thing.
Egor. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19