This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe suggestion - link announcements to releases
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: setup.exe suggestion - link announcements to releases
- From: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Date: 06 Nov 2001 08:59:22 +1100
- References: <20011105122216.A3327@redhat.com>
On Tue, 2001-11-06 at 04:22, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> After reading Corinna's reply to a cygwin mailing list message, it
> occurred to me that if the releases that people see in setup.exe could
> somehow be linked to the announcements, we could cut down on the amount
> of email from people who don't check or don't know how to check on these
> It could be as simple as adding a "check release announcement" which
> just did starts a browser with a cygwin-announce search term.
> It would probably be better to have a button next to the packages
> somehow, which could be selected. Maybe there will be room for this
> when we get rid of the Source field.
I think it might be easier to have the special notes from the
announcement in the ldesc field. That will prevent needing a internet
connection at install time. (Think of download only then install