This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Setup.exe - snapshot runs but compiled from cvs get application error.
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: RE: Setup.exe - snapshot runs but compiled from cvs get application error.
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:43:59 +1100
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christopher Faylor [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 12:15 PM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: Setup.exe - snapshot runs but compiled from cvs get
> application error.
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 12:15:50PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> FWIW, this *is* the problem that was fixed by my patch.
> And, here it is for public consumption.
> I didn't apply it because I didn't think that it was exactly
> the right solution.
> I thought that maybe cygpath should have a "get_root_dir_now"
> call in it to
> ensure that it would never try to access setup.exe's mount
> table before it
> was initialized.
mount may need a if (!root_mount) read_mounts;.
However the problem was a bug in the logic used by me for Download only
- I didn't force a root for cygwin to be chosen, which is needed for
download only to know where to save the last-cache file.