This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup.exe - snapshot runs but compiled from cvs get application error.
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Setup.exe - snapshot runs but compiled from cvs get application error.
- From: Brian Keener <bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com>
- Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 23:54:05 EST
- References: <EA18B9FA0FE4194AA2B4CDB91F73C0EF08F275@itdomain002.itdomain.net.au>
- Reply-To: bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com
Robert Collins wrote:
> please try HEAD now..
Irregardless of my other comments - you current version of HEAD does resolve
the crash when Download from Internet is selected.
Excellent - now to decide if that is how setup should actually work. I think I
never liked it asking simply because if we are doing a download only we were
not going to use it and it actually gives the operator the impression that we
are going to use it and if they later change their mind - they now have an
empty directory to get rid of (and they have to) since if setup does - we might
be destroying a good installation as I might have been simply doing a test
install to a bogus directory. (Just my second $.02 worth)