This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: berkeley db?
- To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: berkeley db?
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 11:33:44 -0500
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hallo Cygwinners,
> I don't remember what the problem was with db-3.1.17, why was it not
> included in the dist?
1. new package moratorium
2. not fully ported (IMO, a library is fully ported when it (a) has no
remaining text/binary issues, (b) can be built as both a static lib and as
3. nobody volunteered to contribute, support, and maintain it
> For the upcoming release of perl-5.8 I really would like to have it
> available with Cygwin.
> I always used it with perl and other packages and I never had problems
> with this version.
That's a trap I fall into often. *I* use package X, *I've* never had
problems -- but then, I use binary mounts and all my files have UNIX line
endings, and I never ever try to use notepad.